Saturday, July 16, 2011

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Fresh tomatoes for my Black Bean and Corn Salsa...


I'm  making and some black bean and corn (frozen of Green Giant Niblets can) and avocado salsa for my husband's birthday party this weekend. The recipe is HERE  but I always doctor it up a bit. 

This yummy Black Bean and Corn Salsa  is made from black eyed peas, black beans, corn, green pepper,
avocado, tomato, cilantro and purple onion, with a few dashes of lime and Italian Salad Dressing.
 

I added some diced cucumber and avocado and Kraft Tuscan House Italian dressing to taste, and just a few squirts of lime. Then I always add some fresh tomato and cilantro from my garden. The tomatoes turned out a little tiny so far this year, but this is still just my first crop.


  I bought these new Pretzel style Ritz Crackers  to go with the salsa that are super crunchy and yummy. The black Bean Salsa With Triscuits or Wheat Thins or Tostitos chips, It's all delicious and good.

This Black Bean and Corn Salsa is SOOOO much better than bottled Salsa of any kind!

It's really fresh tasting with the cilantro and kind of filling and addictive with the beans, but it's also healthy and  good for you.  And with Triscuits or the Pretzel crackers it's not too high in calories for a yummy healthy, filling summer snack. And hey, you can use up your garden veggies! mmmmhmmmm....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...