Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Turkey Enchiladas (or use chicken)

I love this easy chicken recipe. But I made a Turkey on Sunday and I have all this leftover turkey meat. So I'm going to use my Chicken Enchilada recipe and make them with turkey instead!


I chopped up about 2 1/2 cups of white turkey meat into diced pieces.  I diced up an onion and sauteed it in 2 tablespoons of butter.

Sauteed onion in a bit of butter...
Then I added 1 1/4 cups sour cream, 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup of your favorite mild or medium salsa, and a can of diced green chilies and a can of cream of chicken soup.  Most of the time I add 1/4 cup milk to it too just so it's nice and moist.

Chicken Enchilada ingredients

I diced up turkey for these Turkey Enchiladas
Lastly  I add a little Lawry's or Johnny's (get at Costco) seasoning and a shake of chili powder. You could add cumin if you like it a little spicy. I seriously just do 2 or 3 little shakes of each. I just like lots of flavor.
Mix the green chilies, onion, sour cream and cream of chicken soup...
Then I spray a 9 x 13 pan and get out the flour tortillas. I had some leftovers of 2 different sizes so I just cut the larger ones down with my kitchen scissors. They still don't match but really, who cares. I'm not having the queen for dinner, right?
Spray Pam on a 9 x 13 pan...then grate your cheddar or jack cheese up...

I prefer jack cheese but all I had was medium cheddar...so it works too...


Add the heavy cream and and a little milk and mix up your filling.....

Scoop into a flour tortilla and top with the cheese....EASY! 


Get ready to roll it up....leave the seam on the underside in the pan....

Here I am messing up my island...I'm a messy cook!

Luckily, I have a deal with Mr. Moss; I do the cooking, he will clean up the dishes...
but I always have to clean off the counter mess I made....oh well.....he's my
weeknight dishwasher....

Then I mix about a half cup of sour cream with 3 tablespoons of salsa stir that up. I top each enchilada with the mix so the tops are moist and stay that way during baking.
This topping will keep your enchiladas moist while baking...
Then sprinkle a bit more cheese on the top...


RECIPE FOR CHICKEN OR TURKEY ENCHILADAS

2 1/2 Cups of chicken or turkey meat diced
1 1/4 cups of sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mild or medium salsa
1 small can diced green chilies
1 small onion diced and sauteed
Dash of Lawry's seasoning salt to taste
Dash of chili powder (optional)

1 1/2 cups cheddar or jack cheese.

Roll up and bake in flour tortillas in a foil covered 9 x 13 pan  for 30 minutes at 350.

Here they are ready for the oven...looks yummy doesn't it?  Huh? 
 This makes a great lunch the next day too. I always pack one in Tupperware and it is just as tasty the next day! My hubs loves these in his lunch.....  : D


I toasted up some pecans for a salad... Just put them in a frying pan with a little granulated sugar to toast...
Then when the sugar starts to melt just stir them around for a few minutes. They turn out looking like this...

And boy are they good on a raspberry vinaigrette salad....I have dried apricots and green pepper too...

Here's my finished enchiladas....add some salsa and chips and you are good to go! 

Finished enchiladas.... Yummy! 

When serving add a slice of avocado and a dab of sour cream to each one.  That makes a really pretty and appetizing plate. Add chips and salsa and a side salad and  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just added this feed to my bookmarks. I have to say, I very much enjoy reading your blogs. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...