Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuits like McDonalds

Well, today I had a craving for a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit while I watched the Olympics Opening Ceremony on my Tivo. But I don't want to drive over to McDonalds. So I'm going to make my own. It will be fun! 

McBiscuit! 
Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuits (The hubs called them Patty McMuffins)
I used a recipe for the biscuits using my boxed pancake mix. I used a drinking glass to make the round shape of the biscuits after rolling out the dough about 1/2 inch thick. The thicker ones made the better biscuits.
Using Pancake Mix to make a Biscuit....
Mix it up with egg, milk and butter for flaky biscuits....
I used a plastic glass for my biscuit cutter....
Bake on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet for about 10 minutes......Yum! 
RECIPE FOR SAUSAGE, EGG AND CHEESE BISCUITS (Patty McMuffins)
2 1/2 to 3 cups of Pancake/Waffle Mix
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup milk 
1 egg   Mix together with a spatula. Roll out. Cut into circles. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 400 depending on your oven and altitude.
Top it with sausage patties and cheese and egg for a McBiscuit!
So I got out my pancake griddle and went to work on the eggs while the biscuits were baking.
Then do some scrambled eggs for your sausuage, egg and cheese biscuit...
I tried using canning rings to make circle eggs.....too much mess and trouble....
One more thing; don't forget to spray the canning rings like we did when we poured the egg inside. You notice how I said "we" even though I was the only one cooking? Yeah, I blame others when things go bad in the kitchen. It turns into "our mistake" lol.
I think next time I'll just fold the eggs up into a square as I make the scrambled eggs...it's just easier that way....
I used my pancake griddle to do the scrambled eggs....
 My scrambled eggs also started leaking out of one of the rings that was slightly bent. So I'd just scramble your eggs and fold them in half in a little square. I'll do that next time. It's way easier.

Gotta love a McDonalds copycat! 


Got a deal on Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage.... a tiny bit healthier than the other kind.....
Microwave the sausage patties for a minute..... I cut 4 squares of cheddar cheese to put on the sausage patties. I added the cheese to the top for  another  20 seconds....

I had found these Jimmy Dean sausage patties already cooked for a real deal! So I bought them thinking of my craving. :D Yeah, there's a method to my madness. They are fully cooked so I just microwaved them with a slab of cheese on each piece for a minute. Then I  sliced the hot biscuits and buttered the insides just before assembling them with the egg and cheese with the sausage. Yum!  
Patty McMuffins....Sausage egg and cheese biscuits.
Yum, gimme a bite of that! 
Next time they will look prettier.  But they tasted wonderful! McDonalds, you got nothin' on me! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...