Friday, December 27, 2013

Easy Cinnamon Buns or Monkey Bread


I LOVE Rhodes Rolls. There are so many things you can do with them. I use them each and every holiday for a breakfast treat.
Rhodes Rolls Cinnamon Sticky Buns are super easy, and the icing pack is inside the frozen bag! 

You can take these cinnamon rolls and doctor them up to make them richer and yummier. I usually add some butter and brown sugar boiled over the stove for a few minutes and poured over each roll.
I doctored mine up a bit with pecans, butter and brown sugar.

Then I add some chopped pecans because we all are nutty over here. We love nuts!

You can also cut the thawed cinnamon rolls into fourths and roll them in butter. Then roll them in cinnamon and sugar and put them in a monkey bread pan.
I bought one for my daughter and daughter-in-law for Christmas. It's similar to an angel food cake pan or a bundt pan. In fact, if that is all you have you can use either for the pull-apart monkey bread.


If you really want to get fancy you can top the monkey bread with a package of butterscotch instant pudding, butter and nuts. It makes a really gooey topping for the rolls.
Then I always top with cream cheese icing. HERE at Justapinch is a good recipe using the butterscotch pudding mix.
 
Here was my Christmas morning cinnamon buns. They went nicely with my hash browns, egg and cheese and sausage casserole.
Here is the "BEFORE" picture of Sausage and Hash Brown Casserole.....

And here is the finished Sausage and Hash Brown Casserole....

Check it out HERE for Sausage-HashBrown-Egg Casserole. It was yummy too and the two of them make a nice holiday morning breakfast!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...