Tuesday, March 11, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Decor and Peanut Butter Cup Cake

Well, it's the Irish holiday of St. Patrick's Day almost upon us.....I decorated a bit.
I love the cute little leprechaun my class made a few years ago out of laminating empty rolls....they were cute! And look at that awesome tablecloth I actually sewed myself! Yeah, I rock just a little bit on that machine. lol.

Some of my favorite March St. Patrick's Day story books I read to the kiddos. 

 I love the holiday full of rainbows. I taught the kids all about ROY G. BIV. That is the clown who reminds us of the rainbow color order.  Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. I just mix up indigo and violet and call it purple instead. Then they do a pot of gold with a 1 inch x 12 inch strip of each of the 6 colors and glue them on the back of a pot. We add fake coins glittered to the top.
We made Leprechauns, March Book Reports and some Leprechaun similes and pots of gold. 


I loved this arrangement on my dining room table. I have a green, painted basket full of leprechaun napkins on the table. 
My classroom St. Patrick's Day Bulletin Board we just finished today at school. I love how it turned out with all these pots of gold and Leprechauns! Check out my classroom blog HERE at Patties Classroom.

My front entry room table decorated up with St. Patrick's Holiday stuff. 

I love this picture of 2 of my granddaughters from Chuck E. Cheese of all places! 
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE AND ICING - I made a chocolate cake and put some peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter and milk together and topped it all with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on top. How decadent is that? Yum. It was really great.  HERE is a link to Food.com's recipe for the peanut butter icing. It is to die for, really, truly. 


I love this story The Luckiest Leprechaun! 
Coffee Table with Happy St. Patrick's Day decor at my house. 

I love this holiday. It is fun to get out all the green stuff for March. I'm glad Easter is late this year so we get a whole month to enjoy the Irish stuff. Kiss me I'm Irish!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...